After 67 hours of material aired, “Game of Thrones” has singlehandedly proven itself to be the best Television Series ever made. Based of George RR Martin’s “A Song Of Ice And Fire” Book Series, the HBO show has pushed all boundaries and expectations for what Television was supposed to be. We look at the best 15 episodes from the 60 episode run so far, covering Seasons 1 to 7, along with all the elements that makes them worthy of this list:
15 – Season 7 Episode 7: “The Wolf And The Lion”
– Longest Episode of the Series (thus far)
– Bronn and Tyrion Reunite
– The Hound and Brienne “Reunite” – Find a common ground with regards to Arya’s well being
– The Hound confronts his Zombie Brother: GET HYPE!
– Daenerys’ Entrance at the Dragonpit Meeting.
– Cersei’s Stoic Reaction to the Mother of Dragon’s Lateness
– The Entire Dragonpit Meeting
– The Way Qyburn Looks at the Undead Wight’s Hand
– Ends on a tense Cliffhanger (The Dead Attack The Wall)
– Tyrion finally confronts Cersei about the deaths of her children, their father, and the Real War
– Jaime finally lets go of Cersei
– Theon finds Redemption. Embarks on a Journey to save his sister Yara
– Littlefinger gets a taste of his own medicine and gets outsmarted by the Stark children.
– Jon Snow’s Parentage, “R+L=J” is FINALLY Confirmed and puts him as the Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne
– EPIC BOAT HOOKUP Between Jon Snow and (his aunt) Daenerys Targaryen
14 – Season 1 Episode 1: “Winter Is Coming”
– First Episode of the entire series.
– Introduced all the “Main” Characters (At least for the first season)
– Set the tone of the show (White Walkers and Feuding Families)
– Warned viewers that this show was not a conventional one: Multiple storylines panning across different locations
– Wasted no time in a shocking cliffhanger: Jaime Lannister pushing Bran Stark off the balcony after he caught him having incestuous liaisons with his sister the Queen.
13 – Season 4 Episode 6: “The Laws Of Gods & Men”
– First Time Braavos is used as a location. The Titan of Braavos looks imposing enough.
– Introduction of the Iron Bank of Braavos, until then only mentioned by Tyrion Lannister during his tenure as Master of Coins. The Crown owes the Iron Bank more than 2 Million Golden Stags
– Davos Stands for Stannis Baratheon and gets him a loan that will allow him to hire sellswords and head north to aid the Nights Watch.
– Yara’s failed attempt to rescue her brother Theon at the hands of Ramsey Snow, resulting in a battle between Bolton men and the Ironborn.
– Tyrion’s Trial. That alone makes the episode worthy of greatness.
12 – Season 4 Episode 2: “The Lion & The Rose”
– Joffrey gets poisoned at his wedding and dies. The moment fans had been waiting for so long. Need we say more?
– Ramsey’s Kennels are introduced as ruthless and hungry creatures
– Tyrion and Jaime reunion. Their first scene together since Season 1
– Bronn (instead of Ilyn Payne) trains Jaime to fight with his left hand, resulting in the usual quips one would expect from the sellsword
11 – Season 4 Episode 8: “The Mountain & The Viper”
– The Wildlings Attack Mole Town, before their attack on Castle Black
– Theon/Reek helps Ramsey seize Moat Caitlin from the Iron Born
– Sansa starts playing “The Game” and lies to protect Littlefinger for her aunt Lysa’s death.
– Jorah gets banished from Mereen by Daenerys for his treason in the first season
– Ramsey Snow is legitimized as Ramsey Bolton. The Boltons head to Winterfell
– Arya’s Laugh at the Bloody gate upon learningof her aunt Lysa’s death
– Littlefinger’s haunting death predictions
– Tyrion and Jaime’s last talk. Talks of their cousin Orson Lannister makes them laugh
– Tyrion’s Trial by Combat and its mind blowing twist.